title: "Specify the project idea title"
goal: "One sentence summarizing the goal of your idea"
- "userid1" # This userid must exist under /content/_data/authors/userid.adoc on jenkins.io
- "userid2" # You can have multiple mentors (and remove these comments when submitting)
gitter: "jenkinsci/gsoc-sig" # This can be the gitter link of your project's chat room
Write your project idea here. Sometimes an abstract is enough, but you should include:
* A short description of the project
* The benefits to the community
* A list of comparable solutions, and why your idea is better
* Anything you want to say about your project idea
* Students will read this when they look to participate in the program, so make sure you catch their attention!
* Have a look at other project ideas for inspiration to improve the way you present your idea
You may have quick start instructions for students, e.g. how to get started on your proposal. Provide this information here.
You may have additional links to the ideas here, including related discussions on
the Jenkins Dev or Jenkins User mailing list, blogposts, Jiras, etc.
Links looks like this:
# Absolute link
link:https://plugins.jenkins.io/role-strategy[Role Strategy Plugin]
# Relative links within jenkins.io
link:../../students[Information page for students]
== Newbie-friendly issues
If you are a potential mentor, propose examples of tickets the applicants could
study while preparing their project proposals.
We do NOT require students to make contributions before applying,
but such tasks may help to select students who are interested to work on the project.