After some scrambling earlier in the week to get 1.345 out the door, correcting some regressions in 1.344, the Hudson team still rolled out a 1.346 release last Friday, February 12th, 2010. Similar to the past couple releases, 1.346 had a good number of bug fixes, including a a performance fix when dealing with larger build submissions and a substantial revision of the SCM polling code to fix a long-standing issue with the quiet period blocking the build from running (issue 2180), there were also some additionally memory improvements made to Jelly, the library with which the majority of Hudson's web interface is rendered, that Kohsuke will detail in a later post.
Here's the breakdown:
- Maven modules should not be buildable when the parent project is disabled. (issue 1375)
- Fixed the broken quiet period implementation when polling interval is shorter than the quiet period. (Changes in SCM impls are needed for this to take effect.) (issue 2180)
- Escape username in URLs in case it contains special characters such as "#". (issue 2610)
- Fix sidepanel link for People to be visible and show view-specific info when appropriate. (issue 5443)
- Improved HTML rendering, not using closing tags that do not exist in HTML. (issue 5458)
- Show better error message for missing view type selection when creating a view. (issue 5469)
Hudson wasn't properly streaming a large external build submission,
which can result in OOME and unresponsiveness.
- Use fixed-width font in text area for shell/batch build steps. (issue 5471)
- Use user selected icon size on People page. (issue 5447)
Speed/footprint improvement in the HTML rendering.
#### Contributors This release of Hudson contained 37 commits from 3 different contributors to "core": * kohsuke * mindless * sogabe
As usual, you can go grab the [latest .war file](http://mirrors.jenkins.io/war-stable/latest/jenkins.war) straight from `hudson-ci.org` or if you're using a native package, use your package manager to upgrade. ---- **Updated:** Added the "official" changelog notes